11 June 2008

< 3 days

The Host, latest stand-alone book by Stephenie Meyer (author of Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn)
Did I say that right... 'less than' three days? Don't make fun of my math. It's about as stellar as my geography. Wasn't keeping track, but I think I downed this six hundred and nineteen page book in less than three days flat.
How'd I do it? I'll give you a hint: I didn't do any laundry, vacuuming, dinners, dishes, sweeping, washing or child raising (even though they were here most of the time). I DID attend three hours of church on Sunday. I DID have a lunch meeting at my house yesterday, but that only took away a couple hours. And I DID take my daughter to-and-from preschool. Other than that... nuh-thing. I actually redirected one of our canned lights to aim right into my favorite chair and left the cozy, vintage quilt there, even though it doesn't match the decor (quelle horror).
Am I pathetic? Maybe. Were my kids harmed in the process? I don't think so. (Don't they say the best way to get kids to love books is for them to see YOU reading them?) Would I do it again? I will in August ;)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Loved it! Stephenie Meyer is amazing but August is too far away! Got any suggestions on any other good books? P.S. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, it took me less than 3 days to read and my house is trashed. I finished it last night before dinner.

Kimba said...

It's like she puts an addictive chemical into the pages of her books. Each one I've read so far (I haved read this one yet, but I'm working on it!) has been done in a day. Her books have been the only ones I've ever pre-ordered.

Trisha said...

I read it while eating, putting the kids to bed and driving! Loved it.

luckyzmom said...

If I weren't in the middle of reading Pillars of the Earth, Odd Thomas and The Power of Now I would run out and get that book. I love books like that that you can't put down and you let the house fall down around you. They don't come around that often. So, I say stop beating yourself up about it.

LuckyRedHen said...

No beating myself up here. I was just enabling others on how to get the book read lickety split ;)

Geo said...

That chair looks perfect for being eaten alive by a vampire book.