21 December 2006

WANTED: 1/2 Apron Pattern

So I'm here in Seattle with my family and in-laws. There are 4 of us girls (including my MIL) and we always do some kind of craft when together on vacation. Well, tonight my MIL and I were at JoAnn's Fabric getting Christmas pillowcase fabric and we went crazy coming up with fabrics to make 1/2 cooking/kitchen aprons. Problem is... we don't have a pattern, demo or prototype to work off. We bought 1/4 yd of 5 fabrics (one fabric we bought 1/3 to have extra for the tie) and then muslin for the backside. I'm figuring we'll finish the 5 edges then gather them into pleats/ruffles/gathers and start at the bottom of the muslin and stitch them at the top of each working up like shingles on a roof. Make sense? Anywho... I'm hoping one of you have a pattern to share that we can use in the next several days (we won't be starting until after Christmas). In a pinch I'll just make one up.

8 comments:

dalene said...

I don't have a pattern, but I bet if you googled it you could find one that would do in a pinch.

Merry Christmas!!! When are you coming back? We want to get together for lunch next week maybe.

Bye!

LuckyRedHen said...

I HAVE googled it and didn't have luck (in the beginning of my search... I didn't want to spend forever on the computer looking for one). So, I'm still waiting for one of you to save the day!

dalene said...

I can't let a challenge like that go unanswered, as it is, you know, what I do for a living.

Is this the type of thing you're looking for? (I couldn't quite picture what you wanted, but when I saw this I thought perhaps that may be it.) http://www.girlistic.com/diy/apron.htm

I also found these:

http://sewing.about.com/library/sewnews/library/aasn0604.htm

http://www.shasta.com/suesgoodco/newcivilians/womenswear/aprons.htm


And now I really leave Google and get reacquainted with my kitchen...

b. said...

Ummm.....you know I soooo want to help, I would if I could....it's what I do. HOWEVER....
I got my first and only grade lower than a B+ in my 10th grade Sewing class, where, after attending class EVERY SINGLE DAY, I got a D! I also sewed my finger and had to have a tetanus shot.

luckyzmom said...

Wish you were here!!

LuckyRedHen said...

Thanks CW, I knew you wouldn't let me down ;o)

b. - it's the thought that counts!

Luckyzmom... awe ;o) Check your email.

La Yen said...

Hey--we are in Puyallup--call my cell phone!

LuckyRedHen said...

The vote is I Make One Up - will fill you in when finished (don't hold your breath).