02 September 2006

"Excuse me, where's the toilet paper?"

There's something about me. Something that makes people think I wear one of those blue vests that reads "How may I help you?" Today it happened twice while shopping/browsing/people-watching at Swiss Days in Midway, Utah. Cathy is my witness. Actually, now that I'm recalling the instances, I think it was 3 times. Anyway, this happens everywhere I go; Walmart, Target, the grocery store, boutiques, etc. Them: "Excuse me, where's the toilet paper?" Me: Well, I don't work here but it's 1/2 way down on aisle 3. Them: "What size is this bracelet?" Me: This isn't my booth, but it looks like it's for a 3-5 year old. Them: "Do you have anymore of these?" Me: No, I don't. Them: "How much is this?" Me: $13.95 or 2 for $25. Them: "What's this for?" Me: It cleans out ear wax. Them: "Do you have these in my size?" Me: No because your size shouldn't wear things like this.

6 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

Um...do you know the answer to all the mysteries of the universe?

Carina said...

You just LOOK like you know what you're doing.

The other day I turned to ask a lady in Target about some clearance items only to correct myself immediately. She was wearing a bright red shirt with khakis to Target, what does she expect?

~j. said...

Maybe she works at Staples, and was at Target on her lunch break, and doesn't really know where the shoelaces are.

Not that that ever happened to me when I worked at Staples. (But I did help people when I knew where things were -- it was pretty funny when they read my shirt and realized that I didn't work there, only probably just spent too much time there.)

BowlerGirl said...

Haha! I totally feel your pain. Everytime that I go to a craft store, grocery store or where ever I'm suddenly accosted by inquiring minds that need to know. It's just so weird sometimes!

Bek said...

I hate it when I do that because I feel so stupid!! No that it happens that much anyway.

I HATE Swiss Days. I LOATHE it. It comes from years of having traffic blocked and from having to work at the Homestead, blah, blah, blah. I haven't been in years, but it is still just a bunch of crafty crafty toll painted stuff? :-) If you didn't grow up there I am sure it is great.

Did you have a Swiss Navajo Taco?

cazmom said...

I make a point of taking my Costco employee badge off when I go over to the warehouse specifically because I can't answer any questions anyway if I'm spotted and asked. "Where did the potting soil get moved to?" me: "we carry potting soil?" "Where are the rotisserie chickens?" me: "back there by the meat I think"