21 September 2006

Scrambled Eggs, Ham and Toast

Last night I made scrambled eggs (added cilantro & cheddar cheese), ham and toast for dinner. My 6yr old son, Jack, requested it especially. He saw me add the cilantro and asked what it was. After telling him it's an herb/seasoning he asked if he could try it to see if he likes it. Um, no, it's something you try when it's IN the food (could you imagine tasting ANY herb sans food and liking it?). He was fine with my answer and we moved on. In the middle of dinner he finally says, out of turn and loudly, . . .

"MMMMmmmMMMM. This dinner is SOOO freakin' YUMMY!"
Don't you wish all compliments were that charged? I do ;o)

6 comments:

Carina said...

I do!

I love when El Guille says spontaneously, "It's GOOOD!" or "It's YUMMY!" I could get all the accolades in the world, but if my kids likes it, awesome.

Lyle said...

with four kids it's usually more like "I don't wanna eat any of that"...which has a tendency to overshadow a lot of compliments by the rest of the family.

cabesh said...

Too cute! We love breakfast dinners.

My husband likes to try herbs straight from the jar. I always tell him it's going to be nasty, but then he does it anyway and ends up making faces and downing water.

~j. said...

Was that with the cilantro? Li'l ~j.'s usual request is, "with everything except cilantro."

sue-donym said...

Nothing green can be seen in the food, or it is "Gross", "No Way" "What is that?"
I have found very interesting ways to slip stuff in though. Don't even ask what is in my meatloaf.

Tiffany UnTwisted said...

Hmm .. let's evaluate the "breakfast dinner" that I made tonight ... cold cereal. I think your meal sounds a hell of a lot better. I need cooking lessons. Anyone available??